alliance for grievance mechanisms
in supply chains
Working Group: Legal
How to align and integrate all relevant legal requirements, in particular the new Spanish whistle blower protection law?
The Working Group Legal has made significant progress in developing a set of deliverables that will help to ensure the legal compliance of the appellando system (harmonized grievance mechanisms and access to remedy).
• An assessment of whether a single helpline can cover the Ley 2/2023 and the German LkSG/EU CSDDD. This will help to ensure that the appellando system is compliant with both sets of legislation.
• An assessment of any potential conflicts between the appellando system and labor law. This will help to ensure that the appellando system does not violate any workers’ rights.
•An assessment of how two parallel systems could exist next to each other. This will help to ensure that workers have access to the appellando system, regardless of where they are located.
• A review of the OECD’s recommendations on aligning legislation between Germany, Spain, and the EU. This will help to ensure that the appellando system is compliant with the latest international standards.
• An assessment of whether the GDPR is observed. This will help to ensure that the personal data of workers is protected.
• An assessment of whether employers are protected against unjustified claims and the system against fraud. This will help to ensure that the appellando system is fair to all parties involved.
• A legal review of the system before launch. This will help to ensure that the appellando system is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations.
Help us make a difference
Are you interested in contributing and participating in this working group, please contact us.