alliance for grievance mechanisms
in supply chains
The 8 Commitments
1. Respect International Standards on Responsible Business Conduct
2. Respect National Legislation
3. Ensure Strong Involvement of Rightsholders
4. Increase transparency and Accessibility of Help Lines for Rightsholders
5. Collaborate between Governments, Businesses and Civil Society
6. Collaborate across Businesses, Sectors and Systems
7. Comply with the European General Data Protection Regulation
We recognize that the European Union rules for data protection and privacy (GDPR) must be complied with globally.
8. Report on Progress
We agree that it is our common interest and our responsibility to introduce reliable metrics to report progress of implementation to encourage the adoption of the appellando standards. We further recognize the necessity for the alliance to set common impact indicators and report publicly on their progress to ensure that these procedures make the positive contribution that we are aiming for.
Register online and demonstrate your alignment with our principles for the protection of human rights and the environment in supply chains.
Once approved we will publish your company logo, country, city and quote (where provided) on the www.appellando.org website in the Signatories of the Declaration section, within your selected sector/branch.