alliance for grievance mechanisms
in supply chains
Working Group: Governance
Who shall decide what and when?
The Working Group Governance has made significant progress in developing a set of deliverables that will help to ensure the effective governance of the appellando system (harmonized grievance mechanisms and access to remedy).
• A list of all stakeholders by category and function, including strategic partners. This will help ensure that all stakeholders are represented and that their interests are taken into account.
• A distinction between Spanish fruit and vegetables and other geographies and products. This will help to ensure that the needs of all stakeholders are met also beyond Spain for the expansion.
• The identification of stakeholders with environmental interest. This will help to ensure that the environmental impact of the appellando system is considered.
• The translation of the system into Spanish and English, with the intention of translating it into other languages later. This will help to ensure that the appellando system is accessible to all stakeholders.
• A decision on the type of legal entity and decision-making structure. This will help to ensure that the appellando system is structured in a way that is effective and efficient.
• The definition of a business model to fund the operation and expansion of the appellando system. This will help to ensure that the appellando system is financially sustainable.
• The description of an internal complaints procedure. This will help to ensure that there is a clear process for handling complaints to the appellando system itself.
• A formal and contractual relationship with all stakeholders has been established.
• The language and internal communication infrastructure have been adapted to the operation of the system and continuous improvement.
• The legal entity has been established, and the decision-making structure is functional.
• The internal complaints procedure has been reviewed.
Help us make a difference
Are you interested in contributing and participating in this working group, please contact us.